Sunday 19 September 2010

More on my upcoming residency at 25 Stratford Grove

Katie Gilman - Belonging(s)

In residence from 12-17 October.
25 Stratford Grove http://25stratfordgrove.wordpress.com/

“I am driven by the urge to ritualistically define and explore the formal qualities of objects and spaces in a quest to consider my own place in the world....”

For my residency at 25sg I will locate, document and collect abandoned materials and objects from the surrounding area and experiment with them in the project space.

Having worked in recent years predominantly making temporary installations in the public realm I'm really looking forward to returning to a more intimate domestic scale and setting.

Drawing on my characteristic repetitive, process driven practice I will experiment with found materials with the aim of exploring the undercurrents of memory and loss in my work and to develop lines of enquiry for future development.

No comments:

Post a Comment