Thursday 14 October 2010

Day 2 - Residency (Stratford Grove) - work in progress

A day of experimentation.

The new objects and pieces of wood I found today are propped against the wall.

I managed to peel off the lace from the expanding foam from yesterday which has taken on the form of the folds of the material and has imprinted on it in places the pattern. I think I could explore this more so will continue with this again tomorrow. I'm not sure I like the colour though and if I change it in some way this may detract from its rawness.

After a slight disaster of having bought the wrong type of concrete mix I eventually gave it a go anyway and have filled a bucket with concrete and embedded one of the wooden fence posts in it - to form a base which I can work out from to make some kind of framework.









2 comments: